A Matter of Principle is the fourth episode of the fifth season of the television sitcom Family Matters, which aired on ABC on October 15, 1993. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Jim Geoghan.
When Harriette's boss asks her to fire part of her staff, Carl encourages her to refuse, but Harriette's boss fires her instead. Myra transfers to Steve's school to be closer to him.
In the series 100th episode, Harriette's employer, the Chicago Chronicle, is experiencing budget cuts, and Harriette's boss asks her to cut her workforce. Harriette doesn't want to fire anyone and Carl gives her some advice, with the end result being Harriette losing her job. Meanwhile, Myra transfers to Urkel's school and asks Eddie and Laura for advice in winning Urkel's heart.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-Noble)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure, credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michael Kaufman as Mr. Berger
- William Joseph Barker as Boy in Classroom
- This is the 100th episode in the series.
- Myra's surname is revealed to be Monkhouse.
- Myra's statements about wanting Urkel to kiss her make it seem as if the pair have never kissed, despite the fact that Urkel has previously kissed her on the lips in "A Thought in the Dark" and "Hot Stuff".
- Urkel loses his glasses when he tries to get in the hammock. They later reappear on his face without him having time to retrieve them.
- When Myra helps Urkel up and the two of them get in the hammock, the grass ripples under their feet, indicating it is solid pieces of fake grass.
To be added