A Pirate's Life for Me is the twenty-fourth episode and the final eighth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on May 9, 1997. It was directed by Joel Zwick and written both by Fred Fox Jr. and Jim Geoghan.
Urkel and Carl go back in time on board a 1700’s pirate vessel, where they are made to walk the plank after Urkel drops his time travel watch overboard. Fortunately, Myra (along with Laura and Maxine) comes to rescue Urkel and Carl with her own time travel watch.
Urkel and Carl travel back through time to the 1700s and wind up on a pirate ship where they're forced to walk the plank.
Cast and Characters
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Brian Blondell as Chef
- Peter Dennis as Captain Hightower
- Matt Landers as Flint
- Pat Millicano as Killigrew
- Kelly Perine as Petey
- Thomas Rosales Jr. as Pirate (uncredited)
- This was considered to be the series finale, but they decided to renew with season nine going forward to CBS.
- A plot line very similar to this one was used for the series finale of the popular sitcom Step by Step and Full House (also produced by Miller-Boyett Productions, in association with Lorimar Television/Warner Bros. Television, and distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution).