Choir Trouble is the thirteenth episode of the third season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on December 20, 1991. It was directed by James O'Keefe and written by Mary M. Schwarze.
Choir director Rachel kicks recently converted Urkel out of the choir when the nerd can't sing a lick. Soon everyone else leaves the choir after being fed up with her micromanagement. Estelle sets Rachel straight by advising her that God isn't interested in the quality of the voice, but that the words come from the heart.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Earl Billings as Man person
- Ron Taylor as Pastor Peeble
- Shana Mangatal as Becky
- The episode establishes that unlike the Winslows, Urkel's family are atheists.
- Rachel: Maybe you could come back when your voice has changed.
- Urkel: It already did.
- Estelle "Mother": Steve, how did you get so good at checkers?
- Urkel: Practice. Fortunately, when I was young I had no friends.
- Urkel: My dad wanted to know how I could believe in a God I can't see, touch, or analyze. I pointed out to him I also cannot see, touch or analyze an atom, but I believe it exists.