During the Christmas season, the Winslows and Urkel get jobs at the mall. Steve becomes a gift-wrapper with Myra, Carl becomes a department store Santa Claus and Laura becomes an elf. Meanwhile, Richie finds out that his mom, Rachel, is unable to come home for the holiday. When one kid makes a selfless wish to help his father find a job, Carl as Santa, gives him a business card to give to his father to call.
Cast and Characters
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Orlando Brown as Jerry Jamal Jameson
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Robin Krieger as Customer with Price Tag
- Jill Matson-Sachoff as Indecisive Woman (credited as Jill Matson)
- Dee Jay Daniels as Brian
- Sonya Eddy as Angry Woman
- Gil Christner as Man #1
- John Cervanka as Customer
- Ruth Gottschall as Loud Mouthed Wife
- Lindze Letherman as Allyson
- Marlon Young as Willie Tannen
- This marks the final appearance of Jo Marie Payton, Bryton James, Rosetta LeNoire, and Telma Hopkins.
- While this episode marks the final appearances and acknowledgements of Richie Crawford, Estelle Winslow and Rachel Crawford, it is not the final appearance of Harriette Winslow, as she would be recast with Judyann Elder.
- Bryton James and Telma Hopkins are both final appearance in this episode until they would reunite on CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless in 2021.
- The episode's title is a taken on the Christmas song "Deck the Halls".
- Rosetta LeNoire was initially written into more episodes during the season's pre-production. However, due to her advanced age and her declining health caused by her diabetes, she was not well enough to endure the harsh schedule.
- By this point in the season Michelle Thomas' illness had begun to take its toll on her. To accommodate her unfortunate situation, Jaleel White handled most of the physical comedy. When not speaking dialogue, she stood in the background, and was very noticeably in pain during some of those shots.