Drinking and Jiving is the fourth episode of the ninth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from CBS on October 10, 1997. It was directed by Joel Zwick and written by Gary M. Goodrich.
When Laura gets drunk at her sorority party one night (similar to Eddie's situation in Tips for a Better Life), Maxine calls Steve to come down to the sorority house to take her home. He gets into a fight with one of the guys as he tries to remove her. After he takes her home, Laura ends up kissing him before passing out. The next morning, Urkel uses frozen peas to nurse a shiner he received from his fight with one of the guys. Later on, she recovers from her hangover and admits to Maxine that she's starting to fall in love with Steve. Meanwhile, Carl and Harriette are quarreling over their anniversary. Carl wants to watch the Bears game against the Packers, but Harriette wants to go on a romantic cruse at Lake Michigan. Eddie is fed up with their fighting that he sets them straight and tells them to compromise before he gets a headache.
Cast and Characters
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Terrell Ferguson as Dirk
- Corwin Moore as Guy at Keg
- This episode marks Laura finally realized she attractive to Steve.