Carl buys a toupee after enduring one too many jokes from Harriette. Steve tries to end the interminable bickering between Laura and his new girlfriend, Myra.
Myra visits Urkel at school for lunch and once again accuses Laura of trying to vie for his affections. The end result is a huge food fight that Principal Shimata assigns Laura cafeteria duty for two weeks and Myra’s parents grounded her for two weeks. Meanwhile, Carl – feeling he has lost his romantic touch with Harriette – decides to invest in a toupee. Carl feels better when he learns about her dealing with hair problems as well.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-Noble)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Charlie Dell as Barry
- Guy Torry as Himself
- The episode title is a reference to the phrase "hell to pay."
- Urkel tells Myra that he has a perfect school attendance record. However, he skipped school in "Dance to the Music".
- This episode is set shortly after the events of the season 4 finale. However, if it set in September of a new school year, Eddie Winslow should not be in high school with Urkel or Laura.
- When Urkel is trying to stop Laura and Myra from squirting the ketchup and mustard, there is already mustard on the left side of his face.