Myra asks Laura for advice in snaring the man of her dreams – Steve "Hot Stuff" Urkel. Meanwhile, Eddie learns a hard lesson in stolen property when Urkel suspects that the stereo he bought is stolen and Carl immediately takes action by taking his car to the police station to get it removed.
Eddie wants a new stereo for his car and since Weasel hooked Waldo up with one, he asks if he could do the same for him. With $400 from his saving at his work at Mighty Weenie, Weasel agrees and calls his friend up to hook Eddie up too.
The next day he shows Steve, his new stereo system that Weasel's friend hooked him up. While Urkel is impressed at first, he becomes suspicious when Eddie tells him about the large discount and that he only paid $400 for it. His suspicion is confirmed when he takes a quick notice of the serial numbers scraped off so no one would get suspicious. Eddie's in the shock of his life when Steve reveals that he was not only ripped off by Weasel's friend but also the stereo system that he bought is stolen.
Meanwhile, Myra asks Laura to help her to win Steve over. Laura agrees since she wants nothing to do with him (during this time anyway).
Eddie tells Carl about the stolen stereo. When he suggested that he informs him where he bought it from so he can take his car to the precinct, remove stereo out of there and return it back to it's rightful owner, he refuses to talk out of fear that he would get Weasel in trouble & Eddie gets so upset that he tells Carl that he wishes for just once that he'd stop being a cop & started being his dad, before storming off.
Laura gets Steve over to her house with his accordion while Myra was there. Both Steve and Myra played with each other for a little while before they kissed. Steve tells Laura that he still loves her but is still going to see Myra.
The next day, Eddie confronts Weasel for selling him a stolen stereo system for his car and costing him $400. Weasel defends himself by stating he didn't know the stereo system was stolen. Eddie notices his car was missing and tries to look for it. He hesitates as he tells Carl that his car was stolen. Weasel mentions that his new hat was in there too and decides to leave. Carl then tells Eddie that his car has just been taken to the police station to get the stereo system removed and he learns his lesson about stolen property when he finds himself in the same position as the owner of the stolen stereo system.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-Noble)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow (credit only)
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure, credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- In the ending scene, Estelle returns to the Winslow family home, with Harriette treating the occasion as if this is their first time meeting after Estelle's wedding, despite the fact that they both went to Club Buff in the previous episode ("Walk on the Wild Side"). However, "Walk on the Wild Side" was filmed before "Mama's Wedding".
- Urkel: Myra's all over me like a bum on a sandwich.
- Laura: You're kidding.
- Urkel: Oh. Would that I were. She calls me constantly, she writes me love letters, she even sends me presents. She's even transferred into my English class.
- Laura: Well, what's wrong with that?
- Urkel: She doesn't go to our school!
- Laura: Steve, I think it's sweet that Myra likes you.
- Urkel: Sweet? Laura, you have n idea what it feels like to be constantly pestered by someone you have absolutely no interest in.
- [Laura gives him a look]
- Urkel: Okay, so maybe you do.
- Urkel: Well, Myra is physically... attractive. So far I've been able to resist... but I'm like a volcano inside. Oh, lock up your daughters, Chicago. Mount Urkel is about to erupt!
- Myra: Steve Urkel. The man I love.
- Laura: The man you love?
- Myra: That's right. He's bright, he's witty and he's so handsome.
- Laura: Are we talking about the same Steve? Skinny guy, likes cheese, strange laugh? "He he he [snort]"
- Myra: He is the smartest boy I've ever met. And I think high intelligence is very, very sexy.
- Laura: [bewildered] You think Steve is sexy?
- Myra: He stokes my furnace.
- Laura: Wow, you've really got it bad.
- Myra: Laura, I've explained to Steven that I'm more than willing to be his love toy.
- Laura: Why aren't you looking at me?
- Urkel: I'm not worthy of eye contact.
- Laura: Why not?
- Urkel: Well, last night, right here, with Myra...
- Laura: Yes?
- Urkel: Laura, I kissed her.
- Laura: I know. I peeked.
- Urkel: But what you don't know is... I liked it.
- Laura: Well, Steve, you're a man... kind of... and you're supposed to enjoy kissing a pretty girl.
- Urkel: But, Laura, it feels so wrong to be kissing another girl. I wanna be true to my heart. And my heart belongs to you.
- Laura: So are you gonna break it off with Myra?
- Urkel: Hey, I'm no fool.
- Carl: You know something, I gotta give you credit for one thing. You came to me and you told me what you did. Now, I know that was tough.
- Eddie: Oh, 400 bucks, Dad. Gone. But I guess I did learn a lesson. I mean, maybe that was worth more in the long run.
- Carl: [placing a hand on his heart, shocked] Oh, my gosh, this is amazing.
- Eddie: What?
- Carl: You are growing up.