Movin' On is the fourth episode of the eighth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on October 4, 1996. It was directed by Richard Correll and written both by Gregory Thomas Garcia and Fred Rubin.
Urkel finally enrolls in BIT, the Boston Institute of Technology, a fictional prestigious college (a spoof of MIT), which is miles away from Chicago. Laura and Myra attend Illinois Occidental University, where Eddie and Greta are also students. At first, the Winslows are happy to finally be rid of the pesky Steve by giving themselves a whole nerd-free days because Carl is tired of Steve damaging his house and bothering him, but then take pity on him when they learn he is homesick. Laura moves into an apartment with Myra, but it doesn't work out for Myra, who visits Steve. Steve misses his friends in Chicago so much that he decides to leave BIT to attend Illinois Occidental University with his friends.
Steve finally attends the college he wants to go to BIT and fits in very well there. Quickly, he starts missing Myra's company right away and transfers to her college to be with her.
Cast and Characters
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Jeffrey Asch as Loomis
- Shelley Chester as Deek's Mother
- Art Chudabala as Kim Yuck
- Robert Barry Fleming as Mousepad
- Michael Hagiwara as Charles Yuck
- Rob Moore as Deek
- Fred Pierce as Deek's Father
- Diana Tanaka as Vivian Yuck