Straight A's is the fifth episode of the first season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on October 20, 1989. It was directed by John Bowab and written both by Geoff Gordon and Gordon Lewis.
On report card day, Eddie is expecting the worst, Laura is expecting nothing but the best, and Carl might be expecting too much from Eddie when Carl sees straight A's on Eddie's report card. What Carl and Eddie don't know is that Eddie's friend Rodney Beckett got into the school records and made a fake report card to make Eddie look good. How will Eddie break the news to his family when he finds out?
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Joseph and Julius Wright as Richie Crawford
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- The first appearance of Eddie's friend, Rodney Beckett.
- Carl: We've got to do something with Eddie.
- Laura: I'm open.
- Carl: Harriette, I'm worried about him. His studying skills are horrible.
- Harriette: Carl, he just started his first semester in high school. He's adjusting. It took him a month to settle for a right three ring binder
- Carl: Yes, and then he went out and bought 2-hole paper.