The Good the Bad the Urkel is the twenty-fourth episode of the second season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on April 26, 1991. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Pamela Eells and Sally Lapiduss.
After getting into a brawl with Steve's father over the Urkels' smelly backyard compost heap, Carl dreams of a feud between their two families in the Old West. There, he is the local sheriff who has shot and killed Doc Urkel. Before long, his outlaw son comes to town looking for revenge. Challenged to a quickdraw, Carl is engaged in a shootout with Two-Gun Urkel, the most annoying gunslinger in the West. He ends up shooting and killing Two-Gun right as he wakes up, and realizes he should apologize to Steve and his father.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Colt Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Tom Bishop as Cowboy #1
- Victor Wilson as Cowboy #2
- Steve Viall as Cowboy #3
- Harriette: (to Carl) Why can't the West have simpler rules, like "no smoking in elevators"?
- Rachel: What's an elevator?
- Harriette: It's a real fast way to get upstairs.
- Rachel: For me, it's cash.
- Rachel: (to Carl) Why can't the West have simpler rules, like "no smoking in elevators"?
- Urkel: What's an elevator?
- Rachel: It's a real fast way to get upstairs.
- Urkel: For me, it's cash.