The Love God is the tenth episode of the third season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on November 22, 1991. It was directed by John Tracy and written by Stephen Langford.
Eddie wants to date an "easy" girl, named Vonda (Danielle Nicolet) but Urkel, feeling sorry for her, decides to counsel her on her ways before their first date. He teaches her the she doesn't have to be "easy" to be popular, because her nice and friendly personality will make her popular by default, much to Eddie's chagrin. Rachel meets a lovely man, who is a complete stranger to her. Meanwhile, Lt. Murtaugh is enjoying a few laughs when Carl must go out in drag as part of an undercover operation. It turns out well, though as Carl manages to catch a wanted man, Murtaugh is ordered to go out in drag for another undercover operation and Carl enjoys a few laughs as well.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Barry Jenner as Lt. Murtaugh
- Danielle Nicolet as Vonda Mahoney
- Tammy Townsend as Jenny
- Lynn Swann as Greg Johnston
- Tammy Townsend's first an guest appearance as Jenny in this episode, but later Greta McClure in season 6.
- Urkel: Care to mop my brow?
- Laura: Forget it.
- Urkel: No sweat, my pet?
- Laura: In your dreams.
- Urkel: Hey, this is my dream!
- Laura: Well, then not even in your dreams.
- Urkel: I can't believe this! I'm being rejected in my own fantasy.