Torn Between Two Lovers is the second episode of the second season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on September 21, 1990. It was directed by Gary Menteer and written by Janet Lynne Jackson.
Rachel opens up Rachel's Place, the new teen hangout (in place of the burned-out Leroy's). She also has her eye on her loan officer, Steve Webster, then begins talking about him around the house. Urkel overhears Rachel's conversation about treating Webster to a candlelight dinner... and jumps to the conclusion that Rachel has her eye on him. Urkel dons his best threads and although Rachel is flattered, she finds she needs to clear up this misunderstanding.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Bridgid Coulter as Jolene Santiago
- Dominic Hoffman as Steve Webster
- Rachel: Oh, hi Steve.
- [Steve jumps]
- Rachel: How are you?
- Urkel: Mm-fine!
- Rachel: Uh, Steve, would you mind coming over to the restaurant on Sunday at about 7:30?
- Urkel: A-wha-ha-wha-wha-wha-wah?
- Rachel: Well, I'm planning dinner for a very, very special friend.
- Urkel: Oh, I see. Oh, I see. I-I-I see.
- Rachel: Steve, are you sure you're okay?
- [Goes to feel his head]
- Urkel: [Runs across the couch to get away] Fine, fine, fine!
- Rachel: Good. Look, Steve. I wanna play some of my own records on the jukebox but I don't know how to put them in. Can you help me out?
- Urkel: Do I have to?
- Rachel: Well, Steve, I am your boss but I'd be willing to pay you.
- Urkel: [Takes it the wrong way] Gee... I wouldn't know what to charge.
- Rachel: How 'bout double the usual?
- Urkel: The usual? Well... oh-okay.
- Rachel: Thanks Steve. You know what? You are such a sweetheart. Come here.
- [Pulls him into a hug]
- Rachel: [He faints]
- Rachel: Steve? Steve, what happened?
- Urkel: Oh, nothing. Just blacked out for a second there!
- [Steve comes out of the freezer at Rachel's Place shivering]
- Rachel: Honey, how long were you in there?
- Urkel: L-long enough to get i-icicles on my nose hair... Look!
- Rachel: I'll just take your word for it.